Let’s start with the good news:
- I’m not dead! Always worth reminding.
- I’ve (obviously) made this week’s post AND I’ll have next week’s newsletter ready to go. On track so far.
- I ordered business cards. BUSINESS CARDS. It’s becoming real, y’all.
- I worked on Canva for marketing (and made progress!)
- I resolved the paperback issue for Better Than You on Amazon – go ahead and grab your updated copy!
- I’m nearly a third of the way through writing In The Moment After and am looooovvvvviiinnnggg iiiittttt.
And for the bad news:
Since I’ve yet to locate my hordes of ravenous fans, I don’t think it will be *too* terrible to announce the shift to my publishing schedule. Whereas I was hopeful—nay I say naïve?—in producing four works a year, the money (and time) simply isn’t there. Sadly, Batman and I are still “the Poors” and can only move so far so fast. In fact, I emptied my savings to publish A Royal Pairing in Perish & In The Moment During. Self-publishing may be free to do but it ain’t cheap 😉
With that said, I’m moving to a two-a-year book release schedule because:
- I can afford that. Currently. Let’s see where the world goes…
- It will give me more time to focus on each release and advertise without feeling rushed.
- I’m poor.
- I need a social life.
Some of these repeat, but you get the point. I’m planning on making June and December my official release months soooooo that means after In The Moment During comes out this month (woo-hoo!) my next release will be in December for A Return of Ghosts. Don’t look at my website yet because it’s not updated. Still on my to-do list, but I wanted to announce this as early as possible because, I dunno. Seems important.
You feel it, guys? The shift? We’re onto something big here*.
*That’s what she said