Joleene Naylor tagged me like, weeks ago, but sometimes I’m forgetful and I remember things at the last moment. Like that I was tagged to do the First Day, First Paragraph Tag for January. But WOOP for being #1 of 2017, bitches!
Those who have been tagged have to:
- Publish your own post on the first day of the next month.(If I tag you now ((Loni)), you will post February first. )
- Use the graphic above
- Thank and link back to the person who tagged you. (Thanks, Joleene!)
- Explain the rules, like I’m doing now.
- Post the first paragraph of a story you’ve written, are writing, or plan to write someday.
- Ask your readers for feedback.
- Finally, tag someone to do the post next month and comment on one of their posts to let them know the good news.
I’ve decided to tag Loni Townsend because she’s brilliant and funny and creative and I dug her book, This World Bites. You should check it out too.
This is from my current WIP, Better Than This. I finished it like, yesterday (last minute, remember?) so I’m still not sure if this is how it’s going to go… but, well. Take a look:
I hate Leo Warskowski.
Correction: I hate Leo Warskowski with a passion.
Last week he took a Sprite from Amber’s lunchbox and poured the whole thing into her back-pack. The whole bus watched and no one stopped him. No one said a word. The week before he made up a song about Carrie’s weight and sang it at the top of his lungs, over and over again until we got to school. We had to listen to chants of ’fatty, fatty, can’t you see/cookies and donuts are not fat free’ for over twenty minutes. Carrie cried the entire day.
This is like the seventh or eighth revision. I’ve lost count. And after another comb through the WIP, it’ll probably change again.
Anyway, thanks again for tagging me, Joleene, and for forcing me out of my introverted cave of shyness. I owe you one. 🙂